Wednesday, June 6

Books - Read 'Em if Ya Got 'Em!

Damn! I been shafted again! I just finished up "The Name of the Wind" written by Patrick Rothfuss. This is his first book, and when I ordered it through the science fiction book club, it said nothing about a trilogy! Neither did the book state anything about a second, nor third installment. I figured about 150 pages short of the end, that there was going to have to be more books for the story, and sure enough! I went to Amazon today to see, and even read the author's blog - it is a trilogy, and hte next book won't be out til next year (2008) and the third (2009). I have a fricking knack for picking these books out, and it irritates the hell out of me!

In the meantime, I had fifnished the "Maximum Ride" book on Monday evening. I acutally read the whole book while at the bar. It was pretty short - like I said it was made more for teens. Now I am ready to start one my friend gave me - "Dry Ice" by Stephen White. Looks interesting. Seems to be only 1 book series.

I have a couple more books due any day for a series I am reading on "P.I. Garrett" that are pretty good. By the same author that wrote the Black Company series (that I had a forever time finding book 4). And I am finishing up a "Wizard Dresden" series of novels as well. I have about 10 other books from my friend, that are mostly murder/mystery types, so I shall be kept in books for a bit.

I am still PO'ed that I never was informed of that book being in a trilogy....

PeacE

No comments: