Monday, June 25

You Can't Always Get What You Want

... but I almost did this weekend. The bees got taken care of - actually, they left on their own. I never had to call an exterminator. Saturday I awoke in a pretty good mood - and so was the Wife. It cost me lunch for the family, but was well worth it. We spent part of the afternoon buying the oldest son a summer wardrobe. Seems all his shorts and shirts for summer he has just outgrown in 2 weeks time. I know it is time for him to have a growth spurt, so we bought the clothes a size 1/2 plus so hopefully they will last through the fall. Then I went out drinking for the evening. Sunday, my friend Ginny came back from vacation in Ohio, and we sat up and watched the race. Again my driver failed to win, and I didn't get cookies as I had been told earlier in the week. So I got everything but the cookies from Friday's post. Not a bad weekend.

Work seemed to pick up some last week, but today I couldn't tell. The Wife goes in sometime soon here for some arthroscopic surgery on the knee. She has a meniscus tear, and had the same procedure done about 2 years ago on the other knee. I am just practicing and biding my time for San Diego. I have a half-sister about 11 years younger than I, and I received an e-mail saying she is in California the same time I will be. I might get to see her for the first time in about 3 years or so.

Nothing much else going on. I'll let ya get on with what ya will.

PeacE

update: Hell, I forgot to mention that I did go see DCI last night. Once again, low brass kicks ass!

No comments: