Tuesday, June 26

Now Where did I put that...?

Ever wonder where those 'great' ideas in your head disappear to after time? I am really beginning to wonder. Last night after work I decided to get some reading time in at the bar, and maybe a small steak too. In the middle of my second beer, letting some air pressure off after eating, I had a damn good idea for a story. 'I need to write that down' thought myself. But damn it! Again I forgot my little notebook on which I try to write down ideas/story lines/events. For the life of me I cannot remember what it was, but I know it was damn good!

Then the wee hours of this morning, I am in that half-asleep stage. The dream that was happening, was so 'in-line' with my story idea (that I still had not remembered) and I had to pen it down quickly to remember later. I sat up and grabbed the notebook and pen, started jotting away. After about 20 seconds or so I figured I had it completed enough, and returned to bed. This morning I get up and look to see what I had wrote -

"Too many files...
denied, but fucked up"

"redheaded neckers"

"Blue River songs down away"

I swear that is what I had written. For lack of anything I sort of figured out what it all meant, or at least a possible interpretation. The first part about files, and being denied - had to do something with work. "Redheaded neckers" and "Blue River songs down away" I must have been thinking of that Roy Clark song "Rednecks, White Socks, and Blue Ribbon Beer" which I had listened to earlier in the evening. Update: It's been a long time since I had a Pabst. Don't see it out here.

So I learned to not necessarily write down anything when I am half asleep. Bad enough that the Wife says I talk about stuff in my sleep. I always ask if it was interesting, to which she says no. Sometimes she'll describe a phone conversation that I am having, and I do both parties on the phone. I am sure that is a hoot. Speaking of hooters... last night while at the bar, there came in this moderately purty gal, with a nice set of hooters, followed by her friend, the big bad biker dude - who actually was way cool and nice. Anyways, whilst out on the back patio (smoker's area) she come out there and asking if I was that one wrestler dude from TV. C'mon now! I may be teddy bear sized and what not, but I ain't no damn rassler. So for several minutes that was all she could ask me, which of course I kept denying, then asking her which one. Finally her friend came out, and she was like "I have to go". So she asked for my autograph, where once again I told her I was not a wrestler, but went ahead and signed my name on the napkin and put the website address under my name. Just think, Ralphd00d the Wrestler, on Boobiesandbeer.net.

See ya in the Ring!!!

PeacE

No comments: