Monday, June 11

Women, Flirting, and Marriage

This is going to be an awkward post for me, and trying to get my point (if there is one - or maybe I will be just bragging) across to you.

I have been married for 16 wonderful years and have been blessed (cursed?) with four kids. My wife is my high school sweetheart, and I only "dated" one other lady in HS, prior to my wife. But once that ring goes on the finger, I couldn't believe the number of women that would talk/flirt/ask me out. I mean, before I was like a leper, but once that ring went on, I could have had a date any night of the week!

Needless to say, I flirted back with the women that flirted with me, and the Wife knew what was going on. She had no issue with it as long as it stayed just friendly flirting. Which, trust me, was as far as I wanted it go for my own purposes. I made some friends, I lost some friends - you know how times change as do minor acquaintances and places you hang out.

Over the years, I have met many people, from a variety of venues. Lately, I have started to wonder how does that "charm" or whatever ya wanna call it, inside me attracts them, that makes them want to do things FOR me, not necessarily TO me. I mean, c'mon. I am a heavy-set guy, with average looks; I been told I got a damn good voice; I am generally friendly and open. Normally, a guy like me would be the one a woman would sort of just glance over - or maybe spend little time talking to whilst waiting for someone else better looking or something.

But I've got a secret something I can't figure out. Women just LIKE me. I don't mean Like/Lust, or love/lust, or maybe not just lust ... but they do things for me. For example, this last weekend I had one of the bartenders at my regular hangout make me cookies. And not just cookies, but my favorites Macadamian White Chocolate, AND Chocolate Chip. This was not the first time she has done that. Hell, I had a patron of the bar one night come in with Macadamian cookies for me, and I didn't even know her, but she heard I liked those kind of cookies.

Cookies are great! I never would turn them down, but that is not all I get. I get offers of rides home after I been drinking - even if it is out of their way. Okay, maybe they just want me to be safe. I have had offers for trips for a day or two to somewhere out of town (not a chance). Every now and then I get a little present of some sort. And then there are the women that I talk with, that some flirt, and others just like talking to me, and I mean more than just being someone sitting at a bar for them to talk to.

Here's the one I really like. Women bartenders really piss off my friends. Four of us can walk into any one of the handful or so regular bars we go to, and the bartender comes over to take our order, with my drinks in hand. Then actually asks them what they want. I love it! Maybe that means I am a drunk and I visit there to often.... no! It's cause they like me.

Maybe I am just being conceited, and I would gladly listen to any of my friends dispute any of this... but I do get that preferential treatment 90% of the time. I get more hugs than I can count. Cookies, presents, etc. what more do I need to say?

Conceited? Possibly.

Fictitious? No way.

Loving every minute of it? You betcha!

Think I be lying? Good luck trying to prove it!

PeacE

No comments: