Monday, June 18

Work = Weekend Recovery

Well, the weekend is over and here I am am again at my desk wishing for something to do. Thanks for the many of you that passed Father's Day wishes out, and happy returns to those of you that are fathers as well. My weekend seemed to fly by, considering nothing was celebrated.

Saturday, I took the brood to lunch, and then proceeded to go shopping. I was looking for a golf ball retriever for my step dad, and the Wife was looking for something for her father. Wife had mentioned to me Friday night, that anything I bought myself Saturday would count as my father day gifts. So I ended up buying a couple sleeve-less workout shirts. The Wife picked out a tie for her dad, and then picked out a pair of Capri's for herself. I reminded her that the items purchased were to be father day gifts. I got he glare and she reminded me that some presents hadn't shown up on Mother's day either. I bought her the Capri's. Never did find the retriever, even after going to several stores, including sports stores. We swung by my mom's place, as she had some freshly made salsa for me. From her I got a LA Dodgers beach towel. I asked her what tom would want, and she said to get him a beach towel too. So I am going out this week to find one as I had no time the rest of the weekend.

Sunday we had our last double header softball game for the season, so I was up at the ball field. Afterwards I went to the bar for steak, and to watch the race. Again, my pool driver didn't win me anything, and actually finished up 2 laps down - bastid! I went home early evening and because I could, ordered pizza and we sat down to watch "Ghost Rider". I lasted about 15 minutes then headed for bed.

Anxiously counting the days now to OTL in San Diego. Just under 30 days until the event. I have started deciding what I need to take, and getting things together. I need to pick up some disposable cameras, and some good sun block for me.

I have a new cell phone now. The Wife and I went and upgraded them Saturday. We had some old fashioned Nokias from 2 years ago, and now have a samsung. It feels too little and I can't ever hear the damn thing ring - even with vibrate on and in my pocket. We got them for 29.99 each and a $20 mail in rebate, but damn if I should have picked out something better. It's so damn small, I forgot it this morning. Sounds like a good excuse to go to the bar, and not have to worry about the Wife calling me.... hehehehe.

Okay, enough from me for now. I am off to have some lunch at Denny's I think, and then try to find some work to do, or read my book.

PeacE

No comments: