Friday, January 1

How Does the Year Start?

It's barely past 4:30am where I am at, on New Year's Day. So Happy New Year's to ya peeps that need that, for reassurance purposes.

We, as a family, spent the evening here at my sister's. Having/had (depending on whom fell asleep) a good time. Lotsa drink, computers, and WAY too much free time. I am almost thinking of using some old family photos, Sis has stored up, and doing a video to some old Judas Priest song... maybe Iron Maiden's "Run To The Hills".... No decision as of yet.

Anyways, Family is having/had fun. And the lunch comes later today.... yeah, ribs, slaw, and peas... fuck the peas.

We invited the daughter's boyfriend this year. She is 18 after all, and rather here than in some place I dunno about. Truth be told, I like him. He's got a sensible head on his shoulders, and I have heard him tell my daughter NO, when he thinks it is a bad idea. And she listens to him! (sigh)

Easy to see why I like him. Though, I am getting tired of him calling me Mr. Smith all the time. I told him call me Ralph, at least til I get angry, then ya can go back to the Mr.

Another work in progress.... him calling me Ralph instead of the Mr., not the pissing me off.

So... day 1. We wrote resolutions on paper, sealed in an envelope, that Sis is holding til next year. I mean, all here did that. I am not one for resolutions....too easy to break. So it was phrased, things to do in the next year, and it was broke down in diff categories: physically, spiritually, financially, and personal goals. All were sealed, with no one reading anyone else's. I tried to be honest with mine. But personal goals of getting the damn, dumb, nigger out of office ain't gonna be an easy one. The rest is privy to me and .... yeah. ain't going there neither.

Hey! Y'all, have a WONDERFUL start to your NEW YEAR!!!!!

PeacE

2 comments:

Stuman said...

Yes, I missed another uneventful family gathering. J/K. See you later today.

sis said...

What?! "Uneventful"!? It's just cuz YOU weren't here!