Friday, January 15

Results are In

So, been a nice few days for me to cool down. But it has been a shitty week. I know being angry all the time is a real pisser....

The other night the daughter and I got into a large verbal battle. I am done. I truly believe I have reached my peak with the amount if disrespect she shows this household. Not so much at me... but everyone else. And this all started when she turned 18 and thinks she can rule the world. I flat out told her, if she wants out, get me the Emancipation papers, and I will sign. So I am waiting to see what an 18 year old, with no job (no time with all her "school" activities), no license (her choice), and maybe soon, no home to return to, will do.

No. As a parent you know I can't truly turn her out, though I should just to teach her a lesson. If nothing else, to get her to respect her siblings and her mother better. Would it do any good.... doubt it.

So, shitty week. Use comments and vent your bad stuff out here now... then I am burying this week.

PeacE

3 comments:

sis said...

Been there, done that...but on her end. The more rules/guidelines you give, the better she will respect you later on...trust me.

Ralphd00d said...

Sis, appreciate your comment. One, your situation was/is different than mine. The rules have ALWAYS been there, she chooses to ignore them, and when we stress her lack of "following" them, starts the whole she-bang.

It's not like she is at another parent's abode for a portion of time. It is a literal, not following rules - and when punishment is told to be enforced, then we get the whole I am leaving, I am 18 BS... at which point I am fed up.

Good news. Wife and I talked tonight. Have VERY FIRM BASE. Ultimatum given out tomorrow.

Art Vandelays Football Club said...

Do you know how disappointing it is to google "beer and boobies" and the first thing you get is this website? Come on man, at least put some pictures up!

Rudy in Ottawa