Sunday, January 24

The Never Ending Day

Today is Sunday. The day of rest. I don't think I will be getting much. It is already 6:30am and I am up and awake. Even after going to bed after 12 and not getting to sleep til after 1 ... and I can't sleep now either. So, here I am.

Today we are headed out to Sis's place. We are sort of combining her and her son's birthdays (this is the middle between them both date-wise). There is supposed to be some Carna Asada on the grill, chips, and soda (tea is possibly being made for me). I am expecting Stuman to come up from "down South" as well. There is to be a special RACE EVENT today.

I am not sure how the actual full story goes, but the details are that Reverend Mother, Sis, and Stuman will be running the timed mile today. I am thinking they may want to do it before eating, but am not sure when they are planning it. Either way, the ladies felt that they could do the mile in under the time required for female Army personnel. Stuman has to run his in under the men's time. As Reverend Mother has pointed out to me, it isn't important about the time they actually finish it the race, bu that they are doing something healthy in trying it. For the past few weeks (months?) I know Sis and RM have been walking/jogging to prepare.

At one point I was encouraged to join in. I declined stating that I would be there at the finish line with the timer in one hand and a beer in the other. Today, that will be tea instead I think. Besides, I don't think we (and I mean more I than anything) need a heart attack and hospital trip today.

Alrighty, I am off to explore websites. Gotta get me some free samples of something today.

PeacE

3 comments:

Yabu (EOTIS) said...

Off topic, but you sidebar wants book recommendations.

Hey man, I'm always reading several books at once. Been reading...The Third Reich, A New History...by Michael Burleigh. Long, dry, but probably accurate . Don't know if you like that kind of stuff, but it is well researched. It was recommended to me by a lover of "accurate" history. It will make you think...anyway, have a look see.

It's definitely not Faulkner.

Ralphd00d said...

I will have to check it out. I love a good history book every now and then!

Game Guy 5 said...

coll blog check out mine at jgormus2.blogspot.com