Friday, October 14

Homecoming Weekend

Fall always brings the things everyone seems to know about: leaves changing colors, cooler weather, HS football, and Homecoming. Many probably do not return to their high schools for homecoming, feeling that they already had four (or maybe more) years of it, and no wish to remember their past. Others thrive on it, and go 'all out' in promoting the event. I think over the past 21 years since I graduated, I have maybe gone once, maybe twice.

This year is a bit different. The Class of '91 is having their 20 year reunion this weekend, which weirdly enough coincided with homecoming this year. An old friend who will be attending the reunion (I think) had set up a group page on Facebook a few months ago, for all HS band members for classes 89-93 (I think, again). Between her and a couple others, we have set up a couple meet & greets for just us old band members for tonight and tomorrow. It will be nice to 'hook up' with people I haven't seen for many years, and I am sure there will be a few there from after the years I had graduated.

Tonight's activities include a tour of the HS campus since it's 'renovation' by the current principal (the band director from my senior year) followed by some sort of tailgate party prior to the Homecoming game. Afterwards, those of us in the group, and I am sure others that will be invited, are meeting up at one of the hotels nearby, where they have arranged extended hours at the lounge for mingling... for me, drinking ... and be playing 80's music (reason enough to be drinking). Saturday they have a family picnic thing set up, but I won't be attending it.

So, I have got my camera batteries charging, clothes set out for tonight, and money in my pocket. Looking for some good times!

PeacE

No comments: