Wednesday, October 12

I'm Going to Disneyland!!!

No, I didn't win the Super Bowl. Nope, not the lottery. Nyet - no major sporting event, or any other contest. The Wife and I had talked about a couple months back about possibly doing a 3 day trip over to Anaheim and take the boys to Disneyland about this time of year. The Wife brought the idea back up the other day. I had thought it died, with some unexpected expenses we have had lately (read: van repairs), but the Wife assures me that she has put away money for this trip. Though, that will be fast gone after seeing the ticket prices for admission!!!

Yesterday I spent part of the afternoon searching for possible discount admission tickets, but only found offers that were part of vacation packages. I did find a nice hotel very close by, and we will be checking with them if they possibly have some discount offers once we are there. We will be making final plans tonight, and looking to leave Sunday, return on Tuesday. It is about 7-8 hour drive for us from Phoenix, so plenty of time for driving, and spend the whole day Monday at both Disneyland and the California Adventure.

Two nice things about this trip. The boys don't know we are going. We are going to try to surprise them, and just announce Sunday morning we are doing a road trip. The other thing.... I have never been to Disneyland. Of course, the 2 younger boys haven't either, but still. I been the Magic Mountain (Six Flags) but never Disneyland. Yeah, taking every camera we have for pics of the boys... and maybe a few of me and the Wife. The boys are out of school next week for Fall break, so it works out good for the timing, and we are hoping the park won't be too crowded, like summer or winter breaks. Getting a tad bit excited I am.

The middle son has decided to learn trumpet this year for his first year of band. Everything worked out, where we have a rental for him, that applies towards a brand new one once it is paid off. Last week, he finally decided to inform us a piece was missing off the trumpet. I am not sure what it is called, but on the valve, where your finger sits to depress it, the top is missing. How it came off and he NOT notice it, is in contention. So is his lack of responsibility about letting us know, taking care of the instrument, and the 'sneaky' way he tried to get out of any possible blame/trouble are topics being reviewed daily by us to him. Grounding from the computer for an unknown length of time, is already wearing on him, and it has only been a handful of days. I called to the rental place, and they said to just bring it in, they will exchange it out, and all is good. Except, the only location they have is in Mesa, which amounts to about 45 minute drive one way for me, for 5 minutes, and then back home. I think it will wait until we are back from California next week before I do that.

In other good news, with the van now up and running fine again, I was able to get back to the gym this morning. It had been almost two weeks since I had been able to be in the gym, and no, I did not do any exercising while not going. Not even walking the block. I was worried about any possible weight gain, as I pretty much didn't watch the amount of stuff I ate, or what I ate. Kind of a vacation so to speak. I weighed in today, to the same weight I was back on 9/28 - 2 weeks ago. So, I think, could have lost a couple pounds if I had watched my diet better, and maybe a little exercise. But I don't care. I want to lose about 15 more before I see the Dr. again in Dec. I'm trying.....

So, family that may read this, don't say anything around us, or to the boys, about the trip!

PeacE

No comments: