Sunday, October 23

Time for Church!

Welcome to Sunday Morning!! Here it is again, bright and early and I am the only one that has risen from slumber at this hour. I enjoy the little bit of quiet time I get, before the boys are up and making noise. Gives me time to get some writing done, emails replied to (actually, I had none, but it's the thought that matters), and reading how everyone is doing since last night on Facebook.

This morning and early afternoon I am heading up to the ballpark to my Church of Holy Beer and Softball. I have several friends that play on 2-3 of the teams that are in this league, and I go up to hang out, have a few beers, and mingle. I also keep score for them if needed (which is as often as I am there for one of the teams). Afterwards we head back to one of the pubs (it's a bar league) for a few more and some football (tis the season, don't cha know?) and maybe some brauts.

Tomorrow I am hoping to get out and see a friend that is in the hospital. My buddy Tim has been in for almost 3 months now I think. Seems he was having some heart problems, then blood clots in his leg, then the good & bad antibiotics messed with his colon, so they had to remove it (or a portion) and he is still in rehab after all this stuff. At least, that is the way I was told it the other night. So we are going to try to set plans to go up and see him tomorrow, if he would like us to, and find out what really happened. some of it just sounds a bit drastic (can you live without your colon?) but I dunno.

Reverend Mother and Preacher Tom got back last night from their trip to Indy. I picked them up at the airport. Sounded like they had a great time, even though it seemingly rained there most of their visit.

That's it for now.... I am off to church!

PeacE

No comments: