Wednesday, October 26

It's Been Too Good Lately

I am a pessimist. I think I have admitted that before to all of you, but just in case I haven't... I am a Pessimist. With a capital "P".

There is no cup half-full. It's half gone, and it was probably something I wanted to drink, but someone else will drink it, or worse, probably bump me as I raise it, and make me spill it on my crotch, then I have to walk around with that 'looks like you peed your pants' look. I definitely know I would get tired of trying to explain what really happened.

So, life in general was going pretty good for awhile. Then I had that dental cleaning yesterday. No cavities, but have other issues. Many years ago, I had a molar become abscessed on one side of my jaw. Due to lack of dental insurance, I opted for the extraction (cheaper cost) so have had a 'gap' on the one side. Obviously, most of my chewing is done on the opposite side.

Well, since about August, when I chew on my 'regular' side, within a couple hours, I would get this blister-type swelling on the outside of my gum. Didn't hurt per se, but was discomforting. If I applied enough pressure pushing on it, it would 'pop' but not discharge any blood. It was happening almost daily. What is a bit worrisome, is that it occurring in the area between where I had 2 root canals done 2 years ago. Yeah. I am thinking what is so weird.....

I was due for updated x-rays anyways, and the Doc says it looks like there may be some more decay in the root area of one of the teeth he previously did a root canal on. I'm thinking surgery, but he said no. They would drill down through the crown, and try to locate the area, clear it, and pack the hole (similar to a cavity fill). Oh. That sounds easy.

Wait. Here's the worry part. He won't numb me up when he starts. Seems that since the tooth is nerveless, when he gets drilled down to the approximate area, he has to poke/dig around to get the right area that I can only let him know he has reached it by the feeling. Read: When I scream and lock my teeth around his fingers. Then, he says, once the area is found, he can numb it, do the job and finish up.

I'm scheduled to have this done in 2 weeks. I am SO not looking forward to it. Yeah, Life seemed to be going too good.

Trying to be an Optimist.... at least it is a no charge procedure, since it was "missed" on the root canal.

Could use that half drink now, too....

PeacE

No comments: