Thursday, April 12

Pay Up, Or Else!

It's getting close to the time of year when one's income taxes to the government are due. I know this, as the Wife is scurrying around the house, trying to find every medical receipt she can remember ever putting someplace (though not all in the same place). I do not know why she procrastinates every year, down until the final days before they are due, to prepare the paperwork. Luckily, in the past few years, we have received money back and it hasn't hurt us.

I remember a couple months ago. I had gone through all my receipts for prescriptions, dentist & doctor visits, etc, etc, and got them all together. I also kept hold of the state tax booklet, her W-2s and any other mailings I knew we would need (college payment transcripts, investment stuff, etc). I had it all clipped together. I even tried to give it to her, but she didn't want it at that time. Why she was waiting I have no clue, except that it was February, and not April. Tuesday night I had gone out for a bit to the pub (trivia night, what can I say). No sooner than had I got there, she is calling asking for all the tax paperwork. I told her where the stuff I had were located. She didn't want that. She wanted all the other stuff. I said I had no clue where she put it all. She proceeded to get all pissy with me, saying that I "knocked over" her paperwork from HER desk, and now SHE can't find what she needs. Then she hung up on me. Yeah, hung up.

I was pissed. I resolved I wasn't going home for a longer period of time than I had planned. A couple hours later, I noticed I received a text message from her saying she found it, though she never admitted I had never touched it. Last night, as soon as she got home, I handed her the stuff I had had for two months. As I am trying to go to bed later in the evening, she claims she can't find certain stuff and starts blaming me again. Being pissed off at this whole thing of waiting to the last minute and taking it out on me, I get out of bed, and proceed to show her where everything I had together is located. Then I finish it all off with "That's all the tax stuff I have, know where is, knocked over, spit on, or anything else you want to blame me for. I'm done with it, do what you want with it." Yeah, wasn't nice, but I AM done with it. I offered to do the taxes before, but she refuses to let me. I guess I don't waste time scrutinizing the instructions, doing every little sub-worksheet to try for every little penny I can get. Yes, she does drag all figures out to the penny.

It's exasperating. I'll be happy come Monday.

PeacE

No comments: