Friday, April 13

When Does Break Time Come?

Things are stacking up on my calendar it seems this weekend. Though, I am not getting paid for any of it, it is still nice to get out and do several of the things. Some of them are actually needed, and not just a luxury.

This morning I received an email from Blizzard. I have been asked to participate in a beta testing for 'Diablo III' (their newest game due out May 15). This is the same company that has World of Warcraft. I get a free version of the Diablo III just for signing a 1-year agreement to continue playing (and paying) for WoW. this is my first time doing a beta test, and I hope to be able to share with other friends how great (or not) this game will be. Unfortunately, I won't be able to really sit down and start playing until this afternoon. PT has been asking about going to the movies for the past three weeks, but nothing is showing that I want to spend the money for, or it is a movie that I would rather see with my family, knowing that they are interested in it as well. Today changes that. 'Lockout' comes out, and we are planning to see the morning showing. It's nice to be able to see the morning show as it is usually cheaper (about $5) and no one is crowding the theater. Plus, having the rest of the day free is nice.

Following the movie, I will be heading to the car part store to pick up pads for the Wife's van. A couple of friends and I are doing the brakes on it, and one of their cars tomorrow morning. I had stopped out yesterday to get he parts, but her van make/model/year had the option of pads or drums for the rear, and I had no clue. I had to crawl under there last night to find out out. Pads it is.Kind of almost sounds bad... getting pads for the Wife... lol!

Tomorrow, as stated, will be doing the brakes, but I feel it won't be but 2-3 hours. That is adding in some time to visit, as the friend's house we going to, his daughter will be there, and I want to meet her. She is a writer, and I have read the two books she has written, but never met her. Afterwards, I am not sure what our plans are. RM emailed me saying the Oscar Mayer weinermobile is going to be at a Walmart near us from 10-2, but I don't know if the boys would be interested - or if I want to brave the crowd/traffic to see it.

Sunday of course is softball in the morning, We are starting the tournament for the season. We play at 8am, and it is a double elimination, so have no idea when our second game may be. They set up the starting schedule based on win/loss record, and we were 7-7 for the season. We may have a second game if we lose, right after our first one, or with a win, may not play til 11, or even the following week. Much of it depends on how we do our first game, and how others end up doing. I don't expect to take it all, as there are a couple REALLY competitive teams playing. Our team is there for fun more than anything, though winning is always better feeling than losing.

Oh, forgot to mention... my buddy that has been in the hospital with pneumonia finally may want me to visit. He has been going through chemotherapy for the past 3 months (about) and this bout of sickness has had him hospitalized for the past month. From others, I have heard that he has lost ALOT of weight, just atrophy and not eating right (many things don't taste edible due to the chemo). I got a note from his girlfriend to call her - he wants me to visit. I may be doing that this afternoon before playing video games.

That means I probably won't be posting this weekend.

PeacE

No comments: