Friday, April 6

Stubborn and Set In My Ways

For those of you that know me, this pretty much describes how I can be at times. For those of you who don't know me, well, you just learned some more. I am not much inclined to many changes. I like things to pretty much be the same way, with little deviation from what would be the norm. Minor changes and adjustments are acceptable.

I have been using Google Chrome for my internet browser for quite some time now. I switched about the time it came out, as it seemed to run better on my system than the Mozilla Firefox I was using before. I like Chrome, and use many of the extensions (additional programs it works with) and they help make things a bit easier for me. Though, occasionally, as in any program, there are a few spots that cause more problems. One example I can think of off the top of my head, is I come across every now and then a website that doesn't support Chrome, so the content is not as graphic as it would be if I used IE or Firefox. Small negative.

Last week I was trying to burn a CD from itunes, and was having issues. I went ahead and installed the newer, updated version. For those of you that aren't aware, Apple always throws up a window asking to update other software you may have as well, and offers to install a couple that are not on your system. Usually, updating itunes and QuickTime are not major issues, as I use both. It offered to install Safari, which is Apple's version of a web browser (as well Opera, though they don't offer to install that - I think it runs on Apple computers only but am not sure). I like my Chrome, but Safari is starting to make an impression on me. The graphics seem crisper; seems to work just as well, though it feels just a bit slower. Disadvantage: doesn't use the additional extension programs I like - though it may be I have not learned enough about it to use them, or set them up. Another advantage I particularly like, is it cuts the ads out of my Words With Friends games I play on Facebook.

Yeah, I started playing that game. I originally started it because it seemed an easy one that wouldn't waste much of my time. It's Scrabble basically. I had a handful of games going with others being mostly RM, PT, Stuman and Sis. A bad feature of this game is it gives you the option to start games with other friends that play it, or invite those that don't. Now I am up to like 12 games among these folks, plus other family members, plus people I know, and even a fellow blogger (Eric, of Straight White Guy) who is kicking my ass badly. I apparently suck at creating words, in the right places on the board to score the points, though one would make the assumption (as Sis mentioned) that with my vocabulary from as much reading I do, would give me an advantage. If it does, I don't see it.

Shrug. It's just a game, right?

PeacE

No comments: