Tuesday, April 24

The Tuesday Grind

It is another regular Tuesday for me. I will be heading over to the In-Law's to sit with FIL so MIL can get some shopping done. I don't mind it much. It's another couple hours I have to sit and read. After this morning's shift is over, I will be returning home to fire up the Warcraft Beta for the new expansion they have coming out. I have been expecting the invite, and it finally arrived. Rather, I finally checked the email on that account, and saw it had come in Friday.

I have gotten a bit more serious about job hunting. I scoured through my sites for employment opportunities yesterday, and actually found one that was acceptable. I went to their site, and proceeded to do the online application. Then there was a questionnaire, that if you answered well enough for them, you would continue on to some other kind of more 'in-depth' questions. I looked at it more as a psych test that you always answer the correct answer, not necessarily what you would really do. Most of the questions were scenarios, and the options listed weren't the greatest. I debated with myself if I should answer honestly, or correctly. I chose honestly. Most of my answers would have been the same either way, but there were many you just couldn't answer, based on the choices given, because I would have had one (or more) other ways of handling the situation. This is where the old face-to-face is more important I think. Either way, it doesn't matter now. No sooner had I finished, I already had a rejection email waiting from them. Yeah, one of those 'Thanks for applying, but you don't meet what we are looking for' form letters. This coming from Kmart of all places. Yes, I applied to Kmart - it was an office/admin position, not like a cashier or stock person.

Nothing like a good ego boost like that to make you want to keep looking. Sigh.

PeacE

No comments: