Saturday, September 1

A Day of Remembrance

Today the Wife and I are heading to a memorial service for my buddy Smitty, who had passed away a short time ago. It's the ideal thing I want to do, to start a holiday weekend. Actually, it is not something I think anyone wants to do at anytime. But it will be good to get that little bit of closure this will bring.

The son (and the band) seemed to do a fine job at their first performance last night - though the football game was a loss for the home team. I am not sure I particularly like the music selection that was chosen for the band this year, but then, I don't know to what limitations there are for the division/band size/etc. that they have to work with. According to my son, it sounds like they are only about a third of the way through learning and executing their marching show.

The Daughter is headed up to spend the weekend here in the Valley. The boyfriend is coming along as well, but I don't know if he will be joining our family or his for Monday.

The excitement for next week is beginning to build! See ya later!

PeacE

No comments: