Friday, September 14

<---- Wants To Be An Only Child

For those of you that have siblings, I am sure you have had the thought of wanting to be an only child several (million) times while growing up, and maybe not so much as an adult, but it still comes popping into the mind every now and then. I look back on my childhood, and I don't recall thinking it that often, but since becoming an adult, it happens way too often. Since Sis and Stuman read this (occasionally) I should explain.

Growing up, I never had the thought of wanting to be an only child. I pretty much was one. With my parents divorced, I was living with Dad, and Sis & Stuman lived with the Reverend Mother. For a few years, there were the weekend exchanges of kids, etc. Regular divorced family stuff. But after they (Sis, etc) all moved out of state, it changed things, and I was pretty much on my own with my Dad, until my younger Half-sister was born. I was 11 then, so I was still pretty much an only child.

After Dad passed away, and I moved out to AZ to live with RM and family (I was 14'ish) I became the middle child again, though, I wouldn't say I felt crowded enough, or whatever, to want the only child wish. That happened more when I was out of school, married and on my own.

I know much of it is more of how I am, more so than just being a sibling. For some reason, they look up to me in ways I don't understand. Sometimes they value my input, more than they should. My opinions matter more than their own. It's a pain in my ass. My own family gives me enough worries and stresses that having to function with the added "responsibility" to deal with sibling (an at times feels like parental, too) issues... Sigh.

I don't know if you, the reader, are able to make sense of this. Heck, most times I can't make sense of it all.

Other than that, it is Friday. My buddy just called and wants to meet up for breakfast. Think I shall.

PeacE

No comments: