Friday, September 21

A Little Bit of AuH2O

The old people in my house (meaning the Wife and I) are a bit excited for tonight. Turns out both of our high schools are having their Homecoming events tonight. Mine I had known about for several weeks. Hers she just heard about I think like Monday. Granted, my graduating class from the public school was about 10 times larger than her church school.... Either way, we are both a bit excited to be going to see old friends and do some catching-up and reminiscing. The boys will be going with her, as I know she likes to show them off, and how big they are, etc. And besides that, some of us alumni band members are meeting for drinks after the game, and I can't take the kids.

The Daughter is hitting 21 years of age in a week. It is also the week she is on school break from where she attends. Kind of nice to get the week of your birthday off! We are working on setting up some plans for time with her, and maybe even her & I get out to celebrate her 21st at the bar, doing karaoke. Maybe even let her have a frou frou drink or two as well.

I had a new drink mix yesterday. It is called Mio, and it is some kind of energy drink stuff, you add to water. I did the green one, meaning, I thought it would be like a lemon-lime taste, as the darker red one was black cherry. I learned I should read the bottle, as this one was packed full of caffeine. I fixed my drink about 5pm, and I ended up awake until 4:30 this morning. I had tried a couple times to lay down and sleep, but gave up after an hour. Needless to say, I spent plenty of time playing on the computer last night.

So, the AuH2O reference in the title? I'm a proud first full-class graduate of Barry Goldwater HS. Still doesn't make sense? Au=gold, H2O=water and it is also part of the school fight song that gets chanted!

PeacE

No comments: