Sunday, November 8

Another Football Sunday

 I'm up somewhat early for a day that I normally sleep in. Of course, being how I went to bed at 8pm last night probably helped. That and getting a full night's (plus) of sleep. I don't know why I was so tired that early last night. I had slept in late the previous morning, and pretty much didn't do much of anything most of the day....

Like many, I am getting tired of this election crap about now. I don't know if it truly is corruption in the ballot process, counting what shouldn't be, or whatever, but the number of legal claims being filed is a bit ridiculous. I read something this morning (on the internet so you know it is true) about Homeland Security watermarking ballots to watch for ballot corruption, or some kind of thread woven ballots. Just to avoid the situation that came up this year. Of course, this article also said they can't step in to look at the ballots until a state has completely finished their count. I know when I went to bed last night, some of the states they want to look at are still counting. It's a sit and wait game, not that I think much will change.

I'll be heading up to the pub this morning. It has been a couple weeks since I met my buddy up there for football. Both our teams are playing at 11am (AZ time). I think I will probably stay for the one game and head home about 1pm. Maybe take the family out to pick up some Yoshi's?...Yogi's?.... a rice place that is pretty good... for dinner. We did pizza last night, since one son was out with friends.

Obviously, work seems to be going well. I have at least almost two weeks left on this project. Hoping to be able to get into another one right away, to just stay busy. There was a Quality Control done on me this past week, and my team leader said I was dong better than expected (considering I just started). there were only two small mistakes found - one I was getting too much info, and one was an email address I missed. So not bad out of 500 spot-checks. I was talking to my friend that recommended this place to me, and he thinks I could be a QC checker within 6 months - though I dunno. In fact, this friend also just signed up for a 30-day project with the company (he does attorney stuff though - whereas mine is basic data-breach).

I think I had mentioned about the two older sons getting an apartment together here at the Nov-Dec mark. I have that in the back of my mind in worry. I have never inquired about their finances (income, etc) so I worry about them being able to afford the place, the utilities (as needed), gas for the vehicles, food, etc. The Wife and I briefly talked about it last night as we went to pick up the pizza. We both decided to just wait it out, and see what they do. If they run into trouble, they will need to figure out how to fix it. But I am going to miss another Son out of the house.

The Wife and I talked about Christmas. I'm screwed. I have no ideas for anyone. We have gotten a few things for Doodad, and a couple for the Daughter. Nothing for anyone else. Everyone doesn't NEED anything, and some don't have room for anything else. Myself included. I have no idea what we are going to do....

And with that thought, I think I am done here this morning.

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

So happy to hear you like what you are doing now. Christmas....My pioneer woman measuring cups broke....I love her mixing bowls, and other things. Love pajamas (L) and can use warm fuzzies for my feet. That's enough.😍😘