Thursday, November 26

Turkey Day

 Welcome to Thanksgiving Day, where food is abundantly served up, and I gain the first five pounds of the 30 I'll gain over the next two months. Okay, I joke a bit about the poundage I'll gain... more like 10 pounds, but still.

Speaking of birds, it is becoming a bit more of an emptier nest around here. The Middle son is pretty much moved out of the house now. He did stop back by last night for some smaller things they had not gotten the other day. We will be meeting up with them this afternoon to sit down to a meal. Since we have boxes of stuff (read "junk from the hoarding") filling the house, we are eating over at the boys' new apartment. I goes the Wife said we are cooking the turkey and the green bean casserole here, and they rest there. I was hoping to eat by 1-2, but now I feel it is going to be more like 3-4. Sigh. Tomorrow we will get to do the meal again as RM has invited us out to their place in the evening for another meal.

Looks like I will be working a few hours on Saturday. I got a late start yesterday, and only worked 7 hours. Then amidst all the adjusted hours for this holiday, there are only 7 hours available for tomorrow. So that leaves me at least 2 hours to make up to show 32 hours for the week. I figure if I can do 4-5 hours Saturday, that would get me a couple more, though I'll still be short of regular 40. Meh. Whatever.

I was hoping to sleep in a little this morning, and I did manage to stay in bed until about 7:30ish. The Wife's phone started to go off with message notifications about an hour before that. Here siblings (half in the Eastern Time Zone) love to chat it up, and the Wife doesn't turn the mute on that convo, so every few minutes, there would be noise. I just now looed at it ( I am in it, though mine is muted) and it literally is just nothing important. I could have used an extra hour or more.....

Enjoy your day, and the food!

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

Just thinking.... do you want to wait a week to eat the turkey dinner here since you had it today? The turkey will be fine in the refrig for another week. Let me know before 1pm Friday cause that is when I’d put it on to cook. Thx hope you had a good time with the boys.