Monday, November 2

Thought This Was a Good Thing....?

 Yesterday I was anxious. I had feelings that things were starting to go well. I even went to bed a bit earlier than usual, so get have plenty of rest for the early time I was getting up for the job. When the alarm went off this morning (6:30am) I got up and did the essentials. Walked into the office, and started logging into the remote desktop to get to work. I was going to punch out those eight hours, and be damn proud of it!

Only, something didn't go right. I get to the remote desktop - logged in fine. MS Teams started loading...and my Project Team isn't listed. I log into the work email - nothing new there. I log into the software program, see the client project listed, and go to the documents for them - nothing there. Okay, something ain't right.... I sign out of each program one by one, log off the remote, and sit there a moment, then re-log in to each. Same stuff. Again - sign out of everything. Reboot the whole computer. Sign in. Nothing.

From my work email, I send the Project Lead and all four Team Leads an email about what is happening. I explain everything was working fine on Friday. Was I removed from the project?

I give them the access for a remote connection to my computer (but it shouldn't be needed). And now I wait. I let them now I could do nothing until I heard from someone that can help fix the problem, but I would try to join our daily 11am video chat via the link I had in an email.... but that is still 3 hours away. I don't get paid for the downtime due to technical issues (or removal from the project).

I thought things were going well.... I guess not. Here's to sitting around doing nothing....

PeacE

No comments: