Saturday, November 14

It's the Weird Season

 Last week I mentioned that it had gotten chilly enough that I turned on the heater in the house. Tomorrow it is supposed to be leading back to temps in the 80's into the next week. The news from last night said even a couple days where we might break recorded highs. Weather is just getting to be weird...

With weather being all weird, it has been messing with my allergies pretty bad this time around. Usually I have a couple bad days, of sneezing, watery eyes, runny nose, then things basically clear up and I just occasionally have any issues. But just this week alone, I have had 3 bad days where Everything is running, and sneezing, and headache/pressure. I don't usually take any type of allergy medication as they don't seem to help any symptom, and tonight is proving that again. I took two Benadryl about 5 hours ago, yet nothing has changed... for better or worse. So maybe it is keeping it from getting worse.... if that is even possible. I'm about ready to start taking cold medication to stop some of these symptoms.

Another work week completed. That puts us at 2 weeks in on what was supposed to be a 3 week project. The Team Lead had mentioned earlier in the week they would be "running stats" - basically seeing percentages of how much everyone is keying versus what is out there, and the quality of the work through the Quality Control. She mentioned that those that are lower than the average will be having their Team Leaders speak to them about what is the problem, or how to speed up their work. I really don't care. All I know is that the week before my Team Lead said I was faster than most on my team. But they did mention that where our individual stat counts are, also determines how fast you get placed into a project once this one finishes. That is important. I want to be able to switch into a new project (new to me at least) as soon as I finish this one, so there is no down-time with no pay. This next week will determine where we are at time-wise for this project.

The Wife and I slept in this morning. Her head wasn't feeling too good today (pre-migraine pressure probably). We got up and took some bags of clothes to Savers then went to a place called Fast Eddies for lunch. I had the Reuben... it had been too long since I had one, and theirs was quite good. Afterwards we went to Big Lots to look for an idea for a gift for one of the boys. They didn't have any there (of what we were specifically looking) but did end up finding a few things for Christmas presents for others. Then it was back home where I watched a movie while the Wife took a nap. The evening was spent just playing Warcraft. The Wife ended up in bed early with her head still bothering her. I'll be there shortly after I finish writing here, as I am feeling pretty tired, too.

Not sure what plans are for tomorrow... football at the pub? Chill at home and play Warcraft? No idea... guess it will be about how I feel when I wake.


PeacE

No comments: