Wednesday, November 18

Been A Decent Week

 It is only Wednesday (Hump Day!) but already this week has been nice. One of my nieces had her first child (a girl) born yesterday. I'm happy for the new parents, and wish there were not so many restrictions due to Covid, as her parents, and grandparents, could be at the hospital for the event. It will all work out fine in the end though, and I'm sure there will fighting amongst them all - in regards to who gets to hold the little one, etc.

Also, today through our daily meeting online, I found out that this project I am working has been extended at least a minimum of two more weeks. Originally it was slated to be completed this week, but I guess the client underestimated the amount of data we have to review. They have even added more people to our teams. I also found out that they have started running daily "stats" on each of us. Basically to calculate the number of documents we review in 'X' amount of time, and also if any mistakes show up through the Quality Checks. I haven't heard anything bad in regards to myself, but based on what they mention as the average curve they want people to be striving for right now, I am definitely in the higher percentage that processes through documents. These stats also base on how fast we get moved/hired onto other projects when this one ends. Possibly the type of review, or how in-depth it needs to be done, could also ne included.

So right now, I'm feeling pretty good.

Our water heater here at the house has been on the fritz for several months now. The pilot light would only stay lit for unexpected amounts of time. It would be no surprise to have a morning shower with nothing but cold water. Or even just to have hot water for the dishes, or laundry. The water heater is in a "enclosed laundry room" and is against the west wall, so through the summer it wasn't too bad. With temps in the 115+ range, it heated the water pretty well. But now it has gotten cooler, and since some money has happened our way, we had it replaced finally... and today was the day. I expected them after thee noon hour (as I was told) but got a call that they ended up here about 10:30 this morning. I imagined even with taking the time to drain it (about 20-25 minutes) they would be done and gone within 2 hours. He was here until almost 3:30 this afternoon. I finished up work today about 5:30, and went to the restroom. I turned on the hot water at the sink and let it run a couple minutes. It's not hot... or warm... I went to the kitchen.... same thing. I'm thinking he forgot to turn the flow back on, or something. I went and got a flashlight to go take a look...then had a better thought. Back to the bathroom, and I let it run longer. finally after a few minutes its started to feel warmer, then got hot. Must have just been the residual water in the lines from before, so will need to run them all a bit to tap into the hot water. Showers too. It'll be nice to have a steaming shower versus just a lukewarm one...

Daughter, Doodad and family are coming up this weekend. I was told they have plans Saturday, but Sunday we could figure out something. They have dental appointments on Monday, then will return home. Thanksgiving they are spending with the SIL's family. No plans for us as of yet. Dennys is usually open on holidays, so I won't be surprised to be there considering it is looking like maybe only 3-4 of us.

On to other things.... I'm at 165 books in my reading goal of 175 for the year (11 books ahead of schedule). With working now, I find that it takes me a day or two longer to get a normal sized book finished. I may have to adjust the goal lower for next year....

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

I've let it slide past the requested 'timeline'.... but could you please let me know if we are going to continue our tradition on Friday after Thanksgiving.... if you want to get together or not. I will need to take the turkey out of the freezer Sunday....or Monday. If you don't want to come here or go out... I just need to know. Thanks.