Tuesday, November 10

I Wimped Out

 When the alarm went off this morning, I knew it was feeling like Monday all over again. When I awoke yesterday, I just couldn't get out from bed. It was feeling chilly in the room, thanks to the final onset of cooler weather in AZ, and I was snug and warm. I reset the alarm for an hour, then another hour, before I knew I needed to get started on work. So the work day was a little longer in the day than usual due to my later start. I like how the hours to work are somewhat adjustable, as long as I complete 8 hours and am working during what they consider the "core hours" (middle of the day). Today though, there was a slight change. When the alarm went off, I got up and turned our heater on. The Wife did not complain. Then I reset the alarm for an hour, but within 10 minutes, I decided sleep wasn't happening, and got up anyways. I could have started at 7am for work, as I like to do, but decided I would wait until 7:30.

The Wife brought me a surprise the other day. Whilst cleaning out some of the final boxes and whatnot from the storage room, she came across a milk crate full of books. It was easy to tell they had been sitting in there for ages due to the amount of dust that settled across the tops. I was back in our study when she brought it in and said she thought I needed to go through that crate right then. I kind of rolled my eyes, and to placate her, took a glance. Inside were three photo albums that we had thought, were burned in the shed fire we had a few years back. These are special as my Grandma had put them together many years ago (she is now passed) and it consists of photos of my Dad (also passed) and many others of them growing up, plus the earlier years of my childhood. Many, many pictures I thought I would never see again. It truly brought tears to my eyes. We sat and went through one the other night, and I have to re-visit the other two, but will soon, to relive those memories.

The middle Son just got back home from dropping our youngest off at school, for the one of two days he goes. He was nice and brought me a breakfast sandwich from McD's. He is helping his uncle today with moving stuff... at least for awhile. I am not sure how tired he will get considering he worked last night. But I am leaving that to him, as he knows his body and schedules better than I.

At this point I should get off this and get ready to start working.

PeacE


No comments: