Monday, November 30

Weekend Leftovers

 For some reason, it has felt like an overly long weekend. Maybe it was Thursday being a holiday, and having to work Saturday, to get my hours in, made it just feel that way. Sunday seemed to go on forever, even though I slept in late.

Leftovers! It's what for any meal! RM had sent home pretty much every single bit of leftover food from our meal there Friday night. We knew we were going to get them, and I never mind leftovers from a turkey meal. The hardest part is staying out of the turkey meat. Usually within a couple days he Wife will make a big batch of turkey enchiladas, so the more meat, the more enchiladas I get. The deviled eggs were gone first (there were only like 3-4). The the container with the mashed potatoes and corn, and about half of the giblet gravy. I still have some gravy, rolls and stuffing left, and probably after lunch today will be out of gravy.

It is back to work today, and I am actually looking forward to it. Going to be some regular weeks up until the week of Christmas. I wonder if/how they will be any weekend hours available for that week, and the next, due to the holidays falling on a Friday. Guess I will find out.

Not sure of whatever else is going to happen this week. Still need to get some shopping done, let alone start wrapping. Need to find out what the kids and their families are doing, and come uo with a time schedule for Christmas, too. Someday I may get it where we don't have to go anywhere on that day, but for now we still travel to RM's. She and PT have this day that they don't travel, and she loves it so much when she gets that family time with each of us kids.

Alright, I guess I should get ready for work...

PeacE

1 comment:

Revmom said...

Like I mentioned, if it would work for all of your family to come over on Saturday this year - any time - breakfast/lunch or dinner - we can move you to that day this year. Willing to work with you. :-)