Saturday, November 21

Solidifying Plans

 Another Saturday has arrived, and I slept through a good part of its start. I had went to bed last night at a decent hour, and had problems falling asleep. Around 11:30 I got up and tried watching an episode on Netflix, then returned to bed. Spent at least another hour tossing/turning before finally getting is a short series of naps. By a little after 6AM I was up and just as the middle Son got home from work. He offered and went to McD's for some breakfast sandwiches and a sweet tea for me, which was cool. Around 8 I decided to lay down for maybe an hour nap. Now it is noon...

The oldest Son stopped by yesterday afternoon. I wish I had had more time to visit, but I was working and needed to get stuff done. He and I finalized plans, ordered his Santa Suit, and shared ideas for rides for the upcoming Santa Run. Basically a pub crawl of a bunch of guys in Santa suits, handing out candy canes. The Son drove the rental van last year for us, and this year is able to partake. That's coming up here in a couple weeks or so.

While here we set up plans for Thursday, which I guess is we will cook the turkey he was given from work. It'll just be the boys, Wife and I, but better than nothing. Friday the youngest Son, Wife and I will be going to RM's for another dinner she has offered to make, versus going out, just because she can send leftovers home with me. I do love the giblet gravy and dressing.... and turkey always gets made into turkey enchiladas within a short amount of time.

The oldest and middle Sons have finally found an apartment. They will probably be moving around next weekend, I think. I know they did a "Face-time" walk through yesterday, and the older was going to do the paperwork last night. It is just a little bit north of where his apartment is now, so not terribly far from us, or their work places. I hope there are no final issues with getting the place since it is getting so close to the lease expire on the one place.

Daughter, SIL and most importantly, Doodad, are in town. The Wife mentioned they were suppose to get in touch with each other about plans, but hasn't heard from the Daughter yet. I know the D had mentioned to me that they had things to do today, and would probably not see us until Sunday. So I have no idea what has changed since three days ago, but evidently the Wife know more than I. So I'll see them when I see them I guess.

That's about all I got for now. Almost finished shopping for Christmas. Still need to pick up about 5 things I know of. The rest I will leave to the Wife.

PeacE

No comments: