Friday, February 8

What a way to start the weekend

I woke up this morning feeling good. Why? Because I knew it was Friday and the next two days are going to be nice. Supposedly it is going to be the low 70's with clear skies. Makes good for softball on Sunday!

I go through my regular morning routine. I arrive to work a few minutes early and prepare for the day: boot up my system, take my big cup and fill it at the water cooler. It's about 30 minutes later one of the guys comes in my office and tells us someone left a floater in the men's room. Like I care or need to hear this information. Then he laughs and said he did the appropriate thing by flushing it. Then, found out the water to our building is off. What?!? Yep, no water at the kitchen sink or in the bathrooms. By this time, I am halfway through my 32 oz cup of water. I know I am going to need to go within the next hour or so, as usual.

By noon, my bladder is reminding me it hasn't had a chance to empty yet. I am thinking what is near for lunch so I can use a restroom somewhere, but I am busy enough I don't really want to take that break. Finally about 1:30 I decide enough is enough. I happen to remember I brought in a 1/4 gallon of milk the other day. Sure enough, the container is still in my trash. Promptly it was used and discarded in the trash bin outside.

But what kind of shit is this to have to work in an environment with no running water, or even a port-a-potty?! I only hope they will allow us to leave early today, and have the water back on come Monday. I am beginning to wonder if it is something the new owner did to 'rush' us out of here. I don't know, but if this juvenile shit keeps up I am going to be one pissed of person. F'ing ridiculous!

So now, I am happily relieved for the time being, and not drinking anymore water today from the cooler. No sense in making the afternoon worse. It is Friday, and y'all know how I love that day.

Tomorrow I am participating in a video Golf tournament. Last month my partner and I placed third, but only after a sudden death playoff that the partner screwed up on hole 4. We could have made 2nd or 1st if that hadn't happened. Payoff wasn't bad. Eight teams (16 people) at $20 per person, and the bar puts up a certain amount as well. We received $80 for third place.

Sunday morning is softball, then down to the pub for a steak as usual. Once Nascar starts up, I'll stay there in the afternoons to watch the races. We drew starting positions in the pool I am for the season on Thursday, but races don't start until the 17th.

Nothing much else going on this weekend. Hope y'all have good ones and see ya back on Monday.

PeacE

No comments: