Thursday, February 14

Stick that arrow in your ...

Valentines Day. What a joke. For shits and giggles, I went to Wikipedia.org and perused the information regarding this day. Named after two saints named Valentine - which could both be the same person. and also called 'Singles Awareness Day' - now that makes sense - NOT!

Today is not turning into a normal day. I am not a morning person - ask anyone that has seen me in the early part of the day. Grumpy is a nice word to describe me at that time. So, being how things are around me, this is how my day started. I was awakened this morning by the two younger boys, one telling me happy V day and the other saying "Love you. Bye bye". Mind you it was nice and cute, and of course I returned the hugs and an 'I love you too". The Wife and oldest son come in with hugs as well. Then I looked at the clock and grumped to myself about the early hour ( I had no need to arise for at least another hour and half).

Now I am awake and unable to fall back asleep, have extra time to kill before work. I arrive early at the office, and discover nothing to do on my desk. I am still grumpy. My sinuses are running like crazy and I have the feeling I am coming down with a cold. The Wife had just gotten over this last week, and I am sure that is where I caught the bug.

And today is Valentines Day. That day of romance, where hugs, kisses and maybe more are supposed be plentiful. But not now for the d00d. I think it is going to be isolation and Sudafed for me - and an early bedtime. All that is still 4 hours away, and somehow I am surviving sitting at my desk. Granted, my trash can is half filled with tissues, and the Advil I took isn't helping the head ache. I know - whine whine bitch bitch.

Okay, enough of that for now. I need to figure out what I am doing tonight. I should stop and get a card at least for the Wife. I know, I am waiting down to the last minute. Take the family out to dinner as well? I dunno. Will have to see what the Wife has planned. Either way, I am still going to make it to bed early.

PeacE

No comments: