Tuesday, May 19

There has got to be a way ....

I have just spent the past hour and a half scanning approximately 50-60 pictures into the computer. Granted, I am using a flatbed scanner, and not having intensive, artsy-fartsy, hi-tech knowledge, I have to scan each picture by itself. I have no clue - or maybe even the software to do multiple pictures, and have each one still saved individually. Did that make sense? It does to me, and that's probably the saddest part.

So I started doing this project this morning, thinking 'No prob. I should be able to get through at least half of the stack I have been given." Oh hell no. Maybe about 1/7th 0f just THIS stack. The Wife is still going through pics and picking certain ones to be scanned. I am sure the in-laws have BOXES upon BOXES of actual photos that someday will need to be put to disc, but I sure ain't the one for that job.

Brain Fart : But hey, I wonder if there would be a service provider that people would actually pay good money to, if it could be done in a timely manner.... I could maybe create myself a job.... : Air Cleared

I know our time limit on this project is running down, so I am hoping there won't be a ton more to add to this stack. Maybe this way I could get it done by June 1st. Or sooner.

But I wonder if there are places out there that do this sort of conversion for a decent fee. I haven't seen any here in the Valley offhand. But it has got to be a service someone would need...

In the meantime, since I am fuzzy headed from the monotony of scanning the pics, and reading the bloglist here, I am going out to drop a couple cameras off at the store to get developed. Maybe find a book. And head to the pub. No idea what the pics are of. One camera is dated 2004.

There might be some interesting pics in the next couple days....

PeacE

No comments: