Saturday, August 1

The Secret to Power-Napping

I think I have adjusted back to AZ time just fine now. Been home almost a full week and sleeping just fine the past few days - excluding this morning. Of course, I was p til 6 am playing WoW and am beginning the lessons of power-napping. Feel refreshed and go back to do that one more quest to level up!! The things I do.....

It is Saturday, and we are under a week to the middle son's birthday. The Wife and I still need to decide what we are going to do for birthday #7. Maybe just do the pizza and games thing. I don't know right now. The power-napping doesn't allow me to use full facilities.

Last night we (as a family) went out to dinner and invited the daughter's boyfriend. It was the first time I had really had any chance to sit down and talk to him. I thought it was a good dinner and was glad we had invited him along. Afterwards, the Wife said she thought he seemed really nervous. She mentioned it seemed he was thinking of the proper way to say things, and I had noticed his table manners were WAY above what I consider good (especially considering my boys). The daughter got into the vehicle after telling him goodbye, and I asked her about these things. She said he was extremely nervous as he wanted to be sure to make a very good impression upon me. I almost laughed in her face - a good impression on me?!? It was that important to him? Then I thought about my first time meeting my in-laws and I didn't laugh but actually gave him credit points for doing that. If he had just scorned me and was indifferent, I might have just killed him and sent his remains to the Chinese joint up the road.

So the Wife was off this week on "vacation". She was able to get some changes around the house done that she has been wanting to do. That means I was a bit busier than normal. Good thing she goes back to work Monday, and I can get back into a regular routine.

August is here as today is the 1st. There are several birthdays in this month for my family. I guess we all can figure out that it is cold in December.. if ya know what I mean! There is my son the 7th, the Holy Reverend Mother hits the HUMONGOUS 60 years on the 9th, and I have an uncle turning 48 on the 16th. He is one of my more favorite uncles, and was able to spend some one on one time with him in Indy.

I guess this morning is going to be pretty quiet. The kids didn't get off to bed until 1am (watching me play WoW). I think I am going to get me some frosted flakes and go do another quest. Y'all have a good one!

PeacE

Edit - good thing for spellcheck. I got fat fingers!!!

No comments: