Wednesday, December 27

The day after ...

Today was the day after, until I got home and realized the clock had once again fooled me and slipped into another day. So, we'll pretend this very early hour is still the 26th....

I went to the Christmas Eve party at my friend's house. Nice affair, played "Dirty Santa for an hour, had lots to drink, and food - I could not understand why they put food out for 75 people! So I ate, and drank, and drank, and drank, and nibboled, and drank. I met several people I had only heard their names (my buddy & I go back about 12 years, but this is his first part I have been to).

Overall, for atmosphere, foiod and drink... I give 4 1/2 stars. The only thing I have to complain about, was there was more room outside on the extended patio than anywhere else, and even though they had a couple fire pits going, they did not spread the warmth too much (cuz them older ladies were crowding around them with their big butts) but the Jack I drank kept me decently warm, and attired.

Christmas was a doy my 4 children enjoyed. I have never heard the shout out with delight as I did this year, and we were skimpy due to money. The Wife scored some very nice jewelry from the kids (and an unnamed source ). Everyone was pleased through all 3 stops we made (in-laws, my parents, my sister's). I was actually surprised this year. My mom got me a pair of golfin sandals. Yes, sandals. I always play in them, hell I wear them whenever I am not at work, and she found a pair that are for golfing...got the spikes on them and all! Biggest surprise for me. I can't wait to try them out!

Hope all you, my esteemed readers and friends, had an enjoyable holiday, and if it is extended, hope you don't kill each other. Peace be to y'all and look forward to the this weekend. I know I will be about 4 days out reporting what I remember of it....

PeacE

No comments: