Friday, December 15

Party Update #1

Last night's party was for my office. Took place at the Arrowhead Country Club, and denim was not allowed. That's right, I had to pull the one suit I own out of the mothballs. Thank goodness I have been losing some weight, otherwise I would have had to find aomething else to wear. My wife wore a VERY nice and sexy black dress with see-through lace across her cleavage. I was a bit taken back but was glad to show her off to the crowd.

Dinner was 3 stars. Salad, some dish with mushrooms, mashed potatoes, turkey, ham, cooked squash, and a roll was all that was available. I would have preferred fish or chicken, but wasn't given a choice. The turkey was very good tasting though, and I went back for seconds, but it was all gone. The owners of our branch allowed open bar, so I was able to save money. I think my final tally after three hours was 14 double Jacks for me, and 2 lemonades for the wife.

After dinner, we played "Dirty Santa" by drawing numbers. I, per my luck, recieved number 1, and had to go first. Overall there was a lot of booze being given out as gifts, and a lot of stealing of the booze as well. By 10 pm it was over and the wife and I were the first to leave. After all, Grandma was watching the kids, and it would be a half hour til we got to her place.

This is the third year (not in a row) out of the last 5 that the company has held their Christmas party at the country club. It is a nice venue, and generally has good food overall. Added features the enhance the party is the bar, especially when the owners pay for drinks. My final score for this 1st party of the season is a low 3 for repetition, lack of food choices, and dress requirements.

Plans have changed so I will not be attending the Wife's party, due to the time it starts. I will probably still be at work. Sucky, sucky, sucky. Saturday at my friend's house is the next one, and I know she will be reading anxiously for the rating and report for her party!!! In the mneantime, y'all have a good Friday, and I shall return later....

PeacE

No comments: