Friday, December 22

More reasons for me to hate Christmas ...

I got off work tonight, about the usual time. I went to the place I usually hang out, "Jimbo's" is the name. I entertained myself with a few drinks (Jack with a Bud) and played a few games of pool with some of the gents I know there. About 8:30 I decided I was going to go just a mile up the street to another bar, Silver Fox by name, where they have karaoke at 9-close. I cruise on up the road, and come in the long-ways cross the parking lot to the corner bar.

As I am turning in to park, I see some younger "punks" starting to trade swings. I think to myself 'Do I wanna stay for this shit?' I pull in the parking spot. As soon as I shut the motor off, there comes a gunshot. I drop under the windshield view area.

I end up opening my door, and started heading towards the bar door, when this kid - literally a kid, who is grabbing his shoulder, and oaning starts coming at me. I am just barely out fo the car, and after hearing the gunshot, I ask him, 'Were you the one hit?' About that time I see the blood runing from under his hand, which is gripping his shoulder. I look around, see several "punks" running around, some for freedom, some fighting others, and hear the sirens of police cars on the way.

I quickly got this kid down on the ground by the car, grabbed his hand from his shoulder, and saw he had a wound of some type - I could not tell if it was a gunshot, or a knife wound, but it was bleeding. So I took his hand, and added mine to it and compressed against the wound (no back exit, only frontal). Whilst I am doing this, the first couple police cars come slamming into the parking lot, and I am yelling that they need to call 911 and get some medical help here. They were busy sorting out the other people fighting, but one officer came over, and took over my standing, and I walked towards the door to the bar, whilst watching the "main event" on the wall about 2 doors down.

They had one guy (whom I had seen punching another as I cruised in) spread-eagled on the wall, yelling at him to drop down to his knees. This punk, all he kept saying was 'Fuck you pigs!' and did not comply. I heard their warning, as I am sure he did, then they tasered him. Talk about a dead body drop... He fell straight back and ended up cracking his head open. Like a dead faint, flat on the back. The first ambulance had left with the other guy already, and now they were calling for a second one.

It's the 21st of Dec. Damn near the celebration of a religious event.

And I got blood dripping off one hand, watching someone get tasered, and needing a drink like you couldn't believe. At the same time, scared to get that drink, because, who knows how long the cops are gonna sit out there waiting for the drunks to leave...

Welcome to yet another reason to hate Christmas. And this is not in any way a story for Wednesday.... it's the damn truth.

PeacE

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

.. damn, man.. you need to find a safer set of bars...

Eric

Anonymous said...

Ever considered only drinking at home?

Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas Ralph.

Apple Pie is Good said...

thats pretty scary if you ask me...

Anonymous said...

I agree with Eric, find a new hangout.

Merry Christmas!

GUYK said...

Naa, Eric..why find another hang out and miss all the fun?