Wednesday, December 13

Gettin' short on the holiday...

Tuesday the 12th. What a fucking day. I spent the first hour and a half driving to the courthouse in downtown Phoenix, to take care of a citation and ticket I received back on Nov. 21. I had started my day at a local bar (Jimbo's) about 2pm, and omved to Swizzle about 6pm. About 11pm I decided to go home, so I did. Enroute, just a mile down the street was a mexican drive-thru, from which I decided to order some food. I pulled in and ordered 3 carna asada burritos, and a chorizo burrito (that is for the morning). My wife and I have a past history of loving to have a carna asada burrito late at night together, and I usually eat one on the road. The 3rd one was to go with the chorizo and be my breakfast in the morn.

So I opened the one I usually ate whilst drving home, and proceeded on my way, taking big bites as needed. I got about 2 miles closer to home - only about 2.5 miles to go - and the lights lit up behind me. Bottom line is my license plate lights are out. Bad news from the pull-over, I can't find my insurance. So today I went to court to show I have insurance, covering during that time period. Penalty waived. I showed proof I bought the lights to replace the burned out ones - penalty waived. No ticket. YEA!!!! But I had to pay $3 in parking to waive the tickets. Plus the 1 1/2 hours in time spent there in the courthouse.

So, I avoided a $112 fine for ther light. I have no clue about the insurance part, but it cost me $3 for parking. Did I win or not? If nothing else I got off easy. If I had not been eating the one burrito whilst enroute to home, and they pulled me over, they prolly would have smelt the tang of alcohol on me, especially for as long as I was drinking..... $3 is small cost.

But I did lose my Dale Jr little folding knife. I forgot to leave it in the car. I thought I took it out of my pocket, like the Redskins challenge coin, and the Tour coin my bro gave me from Iraq, and the nail clippers I carry. I got to just outside the doors to the courthouse, and double-checked myself, finding the knife in my pocket. FUCK! I don't have enough time to go back to the car (4 blocks away), and I can't really "hide" it here outside the courthouse.... in the trash it went. I wish I could have done that with the phone I have rather than my knife. Now I gotta ask Mom where she found it at...

Rest of the day went like the slow hell work has been for me. All my follow-ups, and new leads to call were not home, or were more than likely just not answering. and I worked 8 ours straight, since I wasted the first hour downtown... see, I can't win for nothing. Then after work, I decide to go to the bar, and the wife calls, bitching about how much money I am spending (less than $20 at that point)... and so I had to go home.

Tonight was not a good night. Wait, it gets better!! I hate Christmas. I am pretty sure I have said that in a post before, but in case I have not, now you know. I am not going to go inot details as to why, just know I do not care for this holiday. I have the Company party on Thurs., (where we have to bring a 'White Elephant' gift to) conveniently followed by the Wife's Company party on Friday. Joy.

Aside from that, my buddy and his wonderful significant other, are having a party Saturday, which I am actually looking forward too. You don't have to "Merry Christmas" the death outta everyone...we all know each other!!! I can't wait!!!! I just pray there is still enough Jack Daniels somewhere...

Okay, I know I can sound pathetic at times, but you have to realize what I have to put up at times, and the low toerance level I have for certain things. That is me. Otherwise, for now have a good time.... be back soon.

PeacE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you too!

Your Jack is safe and waiting for you!

sailynn