Friday, December 8

What a Wonderful Surprise!!

Today, well, let's say it was a long day at work. Nothing promising came up, or came together, but it was a long day.

I went out tonight, knowing it was one of my bestest's friend's birthday. Bad sentence, but he's a damn good friend for the last 10+ years. He turned the big 50 today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAN! I kow you ain't seeing this, but it don't matter.

Since I was out a bit later tonight than normal, due to celebrating with my buddy Dan. My daughter, the eldest of my children, gave me what I consider the gift of life! I came home later than normal...meaning after the kids were in bed, and the wife in bed... so I did the appropriate thing, I went to my bed, and engaged the Wife in conversation. This is important, as her birthday is tomorrow (now today the 8th) and I covered that well for the drunken status I was in... and I knew she knew I was that as well.

Anyhow, I let her know I am gonna check the email, plus, and she is okay with that... so I walk out to the 'puter. There's a book laying here, with a paper on top of it from my daughter. The note basically said:
Dad, here's this book. Read it quickly and I have the 2nd one for you as well, but I can't give it to you until you read this one.

Damn! I had finished the last book I had earlier today, then I get home and the daughter has another for me...and it is nice and thick. I know she has it from the HS library, but I don't care. I am already about 20 pages into it, and I expect to have the 2nd book she has within the next day or so. The Daughter has become a life saver in reading material. I am so glad I share with her...

Christmas is coming. My posts are going to be coming fewer and farther between. I hate Christmas. I am the SCROOGE that everyone wants to be. For me, Christmas is a time for dying, as in the last three years I have lost my grandmother, an uncle, and a god-parent during this time. I try to be upbeat and jovial for the children, but otherwise... I hate this holiday worse than Martin Luther King day... a whole 'nother story.

PeacE

No comments: