Monday, March 26

End of Month Week begins ... oh man.

For some reason, I am actually glad the weekend is over. Not that I was ready to return to the office for Hell week, but it just seemed a hair too long. Maybe that was just me and the way I was feeling yesterday ... I don't know. Overall it was a nice weekend though. Saturday I set a new record for myself (and the buds) at Golden Tee Golf. I shot a -22 at the Rustic Bridge NY course. Usually the guys and I shoot around -18 and sometimes plus or minus 1. Previously, Smitty and I had -21's as high scores (he had 2 and I had 1). That was a good feeling. That evening the Wife and I (and the baby) went over to a friend's house for a nice small round of Texas Hold'em with some other couples. I ended up taking 2nd place in that (with a nice $40 payout). Sunday I got up and watched our softball team face a defeat against Old Palomino in a scrimmage game. The regular season starts up next week, with a double-header every week. I haven't seen anything major from the new coach as of yet, so I wonder if he is going to do any major changes.... The rest of the day was at the bar watching Nascar. I had Jeff Gordon in the pool , and he took 3rd, so I won $50 more. I'll be heading back up there tonight to collect. After the race I went home and pretty much into bed. I was plenty tired.

I have received some really good ideas from the lady readers regarding my request for anniversary present ideas for my wife. I am thinking of doing like a small basket with some stuff from the bath & lotion shop... something like Love's baby soft (which I know she likes, and I love it on her) and a new loofah, maybe some bath bubble balls thingies, and then make up a couple "coupons" for 2 hour baths where I can take the kids out of the house for a couple hours and she can do the whole relax in the tub thing. I dunno. I have three more days to get an idea and get it done. If anyone wants to pass on any other ideas, please feel free too....

This coming Saturday is a golf tournament I am playing in. I called the step dad up and asked him to be my partner. We had partnered up in the last tournament and won what I call the Boobie prize for last place. I figured we could do it again this week. Maybe get a bag of reclaimed balls or something. Either way it is a chance for me to get out and hit some. I maybe get to play about 4 times a year, and y play shows it. How bad you ask? Let's put it this way. I have only shot under 100 one time. Wait, it gets worse. Last time I played golf, it was a small 18 hole course, I birdied Hole 1 (par 3) and STILL shot a 105 (course par is 60). Pitiful, pathetic, down-right sucking. I need to get out and practice more.

Not much is crossing my mind right now, except some of the work I supposedly should get done. Only a few hours more til beer-thirty, and I am looking forward to it tonight!

PeacE

No comments: