Friday, March 2

Birthday Parties can be interesting...

So I was out at the bar last night. There happened to be a surprise Bday party taking place for one of the regulars named Tanya. She had turned 50 the day before in actuality, but everyone was throwing her a party the day after. Of course I got there after it had all started since my work hours suck, so I sat off at the bar and listened to the laughter and noisemakers going off throughout the early evening. There was a ton of food, but I sure wasn't looking to kill any buzz I got going on.

Later on around 8 or so, the party had pretty much settled down and most people had left. I moved over so there was a group of about 7 of us. One of the ladies, Judy, AKA "Pude", who happened to be a bartender there but was off this night, decided her body was going to have some issues, and was in dire need of a tampon. Yes, I did say it, a tampon. The other two guys in the group offered to run to the store to get some for her, and they left. I got to hear how the "spare box" kept in the office, and she had used it the last time. And someone else would go into a tampon story. I never had noticed how fine a job they had done on the ceiling a few months before....

Finally the guys called Judy, whilst they were in the proper aisle, to make sure they got the right brand/design/function. A few minutes later they showed up. I guess it was Barry's first time he ever had to buy tampons. I think Dan said he had done it once before or something along those lines. Me of course, I am married. I have had to do it several times. So overall it was a very interesting evening, and I had some fun.

Tonight is Friday. I won't be out at all tonight. I told the wife that I would take care of dinner tonight, and that the kids would do the dishes. She had a gripe session last night when I got home, so I figure I gotta do some helping around the house for a few days. Then she will tell me to get out of the way and things will be okay again. Was going to be a slow weekend anyways since softball is over for a few weeks. Though there is a poker party at my sister's Saturday night.... Hmmm. Will have to think about that one.

Alrighty esteemed readers. I best get back to something on my desk. I actually have been working here off and on this morning.

PeacE

No comments: