Friday, March 23

Rain in Arizona

This is a topic not many write about. I mean, our rain schedule here is obviously different than most places of the US due to the desert climate in the Valley, and the moutainous regions around the rest of the state. True, there are many people that love the weather here as they can travel basically an hour in any direction and get a different season. We have our "spring showers" early in the year, and monsoons in the late summer - at least in the valley area. Who doesn't love to watch a lightning show across the desert areas of the outer valley? I love a good lightning show! What I haven't like lately, is the recent rain we had yesterday.

I walked in the house last night, the kids playing "Place the Bowl" in the family room. Yes, it seems my roof has sprung a leak. I am hoping it is just A leak and not leaks. Now I have to find a roofer and have the roof done. This is something we have been hoping to put off just a bit longer, but now has come inevitable. Then we will have to re-insulate and replace the ceiling int he family room. This after the hallway pipe burst of not too long ago. Sigh. Seems I can't win for nothing. This old house is just starting to go to pieces. The Wife and I even brought up the discussion of moving, but we just have not found a right place yet. Besides, we would have to fix this place up to resale.

Well, next Friday is the 16th anniversary of the Ralphd00d couple. Seems hard to believe we have been together for 18 years, let alone married for 16 of them. We have the four lovely, adorable children (daughter 15, son 8, son 4, and son 1), a house that is falling apart, and 60 pounds I need to lose from all those years of good cooking. Since the unfortunate timing of the roof leak, it seems funds are going to be a little less "available" for anything really special for me to do/get for the Wife. Anyone out there have ideas? I have already thought about the dinner, and movie. Jewelry is out as she doesn't wear much, and I just recently got her some for her birthday. I thought about like some soft "fuzzy" pajamas, but I don't buy clothes in case I get the wrong sizes. Maybe if I just get her a gift card with enough money on it to go get some pajamas, or something. Would that be too tacky?

Normally, most years we do not exchange gifts for our birthdays, or holidays, or our anniversary, but I figure with the way our year has started out, it would be a nice thing amidst the other miscellaneous problems we are experiencing (damn house). What do you women think? What about you guys?

Let me know...

PeacE

No comments: