Wednesday, March 14

Just when you thought it was real ...

I probably am no longer the wonderful Mr. Nasty I thought I was. I walked into the bar last night, and the first person to jump up and greet me (like that always happens) was the old guy behind the bar the other night that called me nasty. Profusely he apologized, and I thought he was going to try to buy my forgiveness too, from the way he was acting. Seems he apologized to the others that were sitting with me that night. Seems he thought we were talking about another patron of the bar, but he was completely wrong. Amazing how alcohol can confuse you to that degree.... So, I wonder if my new title still fits. I'll have to wait until tonight and see how "nasty" drunk I get I guess.

I received an e-mail from my mother about a week ago or so. Seems my Uncle Larry wants us all to do a 5-7 day Caribbean cruise as a family. We are talking, his family, my sister's family, my brother's family, my 2 cousin's families, Reverend Mother & Step dad, my family, and the possibility of any other relatives want to go. In other words, a floating redneck reunion. I mistakenly read it to mean this year, so whilst talking to the Reverend Mother about it I said we were not going. She is determined to get us to go since she corrected me and said it is for 2008. I still think we are not going. After all, we have to pay our own way to the cruise ship, plus our own package deal (whatever Uncle Larry is able to get), plus spending money. It would be nice to have a week vacation like that, but not necessarily with my kids along. And who wants to be stuck with family for a week? That's why reunions usually only last a day, maybe a weekend long. Yeah, I am jumping for joy about this whole trip. Plus I was told we wouldn't HAVE to be around other family if we didn't want to be. What's the purpose in going on the damn trip then?!? Nope. I cannot see myself going. Floating Redneck Cruise ship Reunion. I would probably laugh at all the pictures they take though. I guess I 'll have to wait a year or so to see them.

Time to get cracking into the desk job. I see I have a few faxes come in that I should take care of. Y'all have a good day and talk at ya later!

PeacE

No comments: