Thursday, March 8

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today would have been my Dad's 59th birthday - if he was still here. Unfortunately, he passed away in 1985 from a brain tumor. A tumor we later found out was caused (admitted from the US Army) from that wonderful thing they used in Vietnam called Agent Orange. Of course, the Gov't only admitted this 2 years after he had passed, so nothing beneficial came of it.

So I have been slightly depressed all day today. Our access to e-mails and internet were down for 3/4 of the time so I am late even getting this posted. More depression.

I keep thinking how Dad never got to meet my wife, or any of the 4 grandkids from us. Never got to meet his namesake (my oldest boy). How my family never got to meet him. And all I have to share with them is a few pictures, and what stories I can remember. Heck, I was only 13 when he passed away.

So, I have no clue what I am going to do tonight. I should go home, but I feel like getting tanked instead... drown the sorrow. Doesn't do any good, but it enables me to sleep.

At least there is only one more day this week...

PeacE

No comments: