Wednesday, July 11

Countdown (cont.) and Guest blogging

One and a half days to go of work before the vacation starts. God I hate when it gets this close, because everything slows down until right before you leave - and then you realize you didn't have enough time to get everything you needed, so you rush things together and hope you don't have to get new stuff while on vacation. ::PHEW:: That's why I am trying to get packed and ready tonight. I hate doing things last minute.

My little brother Stuman is going to Guest Blog for you whilst I am away from the keyboard. I am heading to his house tonight after work for some adult beverages and to show him how it is done. He sounded a bit apprehensive on the phone, probably worried about what he should or shouldn't say. Like the loving family member I am, I told him to write about whatever he wants - if I don't like it I'll flame his ass later! Can't you just feel the love?

Anyone out there use this FireFox browser? I just downloaded it a couple days ago, and installed it on a mem-stick. For those out there that put up those YouTube videos, I can't watch them at work. Seems the admin took out the apps I needed to view them, and I don't have access to override the d/l to put them back. Well, with FireFox on the mem-stick, I plug in the USB, and now can watch them - plus it seems sorta nifty. Maybe that is just the new novelty of it. Back to the question I want to ask - Has anyone had problems with this application?

Last night I felt really good, thanks to my oldest son. I had gotten home and was doing the regular - checking through the snail mail, listening to the wife as she was telling me how things went that day, checking schedules and times between the two of us. Well we finish up and my son sits down across from me, looks at me and says, " Dad, what do you do for work?"

Now I know I have mentioned to the kids off and on over the years what I do, and they are always more interested in the physical therapy the Wife does, than my job. I can't blame them. I yell at people, and do a lot on the phone and computer. But I figure he's old enough to understand a bit better (he's 9) so I told him: "I work in the mortgage business, helping people save money, or save the home they are in, or get them extra money. Why are you asking all of a sudden?"

"So, you don't really yell at people during the day?"

"Well, maybe not all day long, every day. But yes, I do have to do that occasionally. Why"

"Maybe when you get back from San Diego I can go to work with you one day while I am on summer break."

"I don't think the office owners would mind that. You could bring your Gameboy and the dvd player because for you, my job is probably boring."

So we have to pick a day once I am back that he can come to work with me. I am just surprised he would show interest in this field. More understandable if I were an officer or paramedic or something. Either way, it's one of those 'feel really fuzzy and good inside' feelings - I don't get them too often. To top off the convo, he had also asked about after work, if we could stop and have a drink and a game of Golden Tee. I tell you what, that boy is growing up just like his old man. ::insert Harry Chapin song here - 'Cat's in the Cradle'::

Alrighty! My popcorn bag is now empty, so I guess lunch is over and I need to get back on to the stack of crap on my desk. I have been drained mentally by the end of the day this week. But it is nice to be busy again. Y'all smile a bit, and be sure to come on back when yanto. Much obliged ::hat tip::

PeacE

No comments: