Thursday, July 12

Life in Iraq

Here's a good one. Let me first tell you the truth before I go into the story. I had appendicitis...hence the scar on the belly....and I fell on my friends boat, hence the scar on the forehead.

Now you know the situation.Here is the story:

So there I was...heading down Tampa Bay supply route on a convoy. All of a sudden, an IED went off. Piece of glass from the shrapnel caught me in the forehead. I looked over at my buddy...he was hurt. I grabbed him and carried him off to the side of the road. As I ran, I climbed over a small dune and a young Iraqi came up and stabbed me in the stomach with a bayonet. My buddy grabbed his pistol. POP POP! Shot him down.Only reason I didn't get the purple heart...He turned out to be a friendly.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

No comments: