Saturday, July 14

Double Post

Ok, so when my brother first asked me to take over his blog for a few days, I was thinking...hmmm, what stories can I tell. But after the first post, I had received a lecture from the Rev Mother. Darn, I forgot she read this. So, I have 2 short stories to tell.

The first was back in the late 80's. I remember every year flying back to Indiana for the summer to visit relatives. This one particular time, my brother and I were at our Grandma's house in Indianapolis. It was just about the 4th of July time frame. Now we used to love these fireworks called Spinners, or maybe that is just what we called them. Spinners come in a pack like firecrackers. You can light it once and have them all go off. We used to believe, why light them all and be done in a few seconds, when you can light them individually and have fun longer.

Now these spinners, what they do is they spin and shoot out different colored flares. Now to remind you, they are the size of firecrackers. What we used to do is light it and throw it in the air and watch it fly and take off. It was amusing. Well, My brother lit one, and it was green, I still remember. It flew up and came down, we lost sight of it. We are looking for it when all of a sudden I start screaming. The darn thing flew down into the back of my pants and ended its little spin cycle. I had that burn for awhile.

So, the second story I have happened to me today. My sister and her family are out of town right now, so I am watching their dogs and cat to make sure they are fed and all. This morning I went over there and was looking for the cat. My sister's bedroom door was shut, which was odd, because I didn't shut it the day before. So I open and look for the cat. In the corner I see feathers and thought, ok, where is the feather duster the cat got a hold of. Didn't see one. I proceeded to the bathroom area. Now mind you, her bathroom is more like a rather large walk in closet.

I go in the bathroom and this regular bird just starts flying around and starts coming after me. How the heck a bird got in the house, I do not know. After running out of the bedroom, I found the cat in the laundry room. So I just told the cat to take care of it and I'd be back. So I guess in a few hours, I will head back over there to see if the cat got it or if I need to take a sheet to get it out of the house so I can clean up the feathers and stuff.

No comments: