Monday, March 3

Check out the new digs!

The move of the office has been completed for the most part. At least, the major manual portion that I had to complete is done. Fax capability is not available yet (of course I need it today), but the server and phones seem to be okay, aside from the various emails stating there is no answer when they call. Go figure. It almost makes me feel like we are one of those 'fly by night' companies they way things happen when we move, why we move, and the frequency. This makes 5 times in the past 6-7 years that I have been working for the same owners.

Aside from that, my new digs are pretty cool. Some of the best office space we have rented in these past years. I have my own office again (with door that can be shut & locked). The west wall is nothing but a large 3 panel window, with blinds. So, window and door - very cool. My own space, so I am not sharing an office (like before). Large desk with two chairs (shorter than mine) across from me; my own filing cabinet (for what I am not sure of yet); and the view of a water retention area. Yes, I said retention area. Since we are directly next to the Loop around the north of Phoenix, they have these areas for when it mass pours during the monsoons. At least it is green & grassy, with a couple trees & flowers on the side of the building. It beats being a parking lot or better yet, no window.

Friday was obviously spent in hours of manual labor and several trips between the offices. There was some 'professional" help in breaking down desks, moving, and putting them back together. Unfortunately, my desk was not put together until over the weekend. I spent the first hour of today setting up everything and unpacking. Now I just need to get a fan in here (it's freaking warm) and maybe a couple nice cheap pictures to hang up.

Saturday was spent most of the day in soreness. Friday I had worked hard enough, it felt like 4 separate workouts at the gym. Out of 10 employees, only 5 did the moving. Everyone else had screwed around and left early. I hoped they would lectured today, but not to my awareness. Sunday we had a double header in softball - lost the first, but won the second. Then I spent the afternoon at the pub watching the race, which neither my driver, or the driver in the pool won. By the time I got home I was whipped, so headed to bed. By 3am, I was awake and did the 15 minute naps until 7 when I finally gave up and arose from bed. I am feeling a bit tired than normal at this time (mid afternoon), but should be okay.

Its good to be back and see all your blogs. I spent a good portion of today catching up from the weekend. I need to get back to some fresh work that just came in, but wanted to be sure to tell y'all welcome back! Maybe have some good stuff later on!

PeacE

No comments: