Thursday, March 13

Ya Gotta Watch Out For The Cops!

For a Thursday, things started out pretty good this morning. I awoke feeling like I had gotten enough sleep, I had plenty of time to get to work, and things were running smooth.

Until about 9:20. That's when the police officer came walking by my office window. Huh?!? I mean, that side of the building has no doors only windows, that face out to a water retention area. So I am watching him walk by and he stops outside my window next to a scrawny tree. Next he holds up one of them one eye binoculars (or mini-telescope - whatever) and begins watching this apartment complex across the way.

Since I was so tremendously busy catching up on my regular email, I too helped him look, though I didn't have the advantage of a magnifying device. I couldn't see anything going on. I wondered if it was for a dope deal, or a gang thing, or just monitoring for a supposed felon. After about 5 minutes or so of looking and talking on the radio, he finally headed back out towards the parking lot. I have been eyeing over towards the apartments and still see no action going down - no police cars pulling up or patrolling.

Makes me wonder what kind of neighborhood is our new office located in. Before, it wasn't real bad. I used to live about a mile from where we are now, and rode my bike past here everyday for school. This was before the businesses or the homes were built up like they are now though. We are talking like 20 years ago. Hell, half the freeways in Phoenix weren't around then....

So it is Thursday, and nothing exciting is happening. Eight hours until work is over. Nothing on my desk at current moment. Guess I should get moving on reading the blog list. Speaking of the blog list, I noticed some of the sites are no longer around. I will be editing it throughout the day and into tomorrow. If I missed you on my list, let me know and I will add it.

PeacE

Edit: It is almost 3 here now and no major bust has gone down. There was a white van that cruised off and on for hours earlier. Plus other marked patrol vehicles would drive by about every half hour. Enough that I would think someone would notice. Looking over there now, it appears there mught be some flashing lights, but with the covered parking, and distance (I am looking west into the sun sort of) it is hard to tell. I haven't seen any patrolling for the last 30 minutes or so, so maybe they did the bust...

No comments: