Wednesday, March 5

What a beautiful day

I am just now back from a short lunch hour in which I spent sitting outside reading the current book at hand. It's is wonderful outside with a temp in the 60's, a slight breeze, and nothing but blue skies and sunshine. The green grass outside my office window looks particularly bright and alive. This is almost a complete Spring Fever day for me. I definitely would not mind skipping work and be found kicking back at the park with a book and some lunch. Another month or so and it will start to be too hot to do these type of things. Instead I would be looking for the comfortable place that has the best air conditioning.

After almost three weeks of not going to the gym, I make my grand re-appearance tonight after work. I had injured my supraspinatus (rotator cuff muscle) back near the end of last year, in which it had healed up by the time I joined the gym. Three weeks ago, I have no idea of what I did, but it was re-injured. It is still a bit sore when doing certain movements, but I think if I go easy on exercises, and maybe lower the weight a bit, I should be alright. At least it may help in getting it back into shape. I know the rest of me needs to get back in shape. I feel like I have put on a good portion of the weight I had lost, and it's time I lose that and more. New meaning to no pain, no gain" even though it is more of loss what I am looking for.

My buddy Smitty gave me a couple bags of books this last weekend, and saved my life. I had resorted to re-reading some of the many books I need to get to the bookstore fro trade-in. Currently I am reading one by Pat Conroy called "Beach Music". Coming from my buddy I figured it was a mystery/thriller, but being halfway through, I would say it is more telling of a story, and makes me wonder how will it end. Very well written so far. I might have to check out more of this author's works.

Played some Texas Hold'em at the pub last night and ended up 5th out of just over 20 players. Gained some more points to help get me to the Tournament they are playing in April. Would be nice to win that one. Have another game set for Saturday at another friend's place. I even talked one of my buddies that he would buy the beer Saturday, if I did not show up at the pub the rest of the week. Easy bet. More time to go to the gym as well.

"Piddlefarts"

I am still snickering about that one. Go read today's entry at Freddie's blog. And check out some of the other good reads in my blog list on the side. You know you want to. Do it.

PeacE

No comments: