Tuesday, March 25

The Event of the Summer is Approaching

The money has begun to change hands. Forms have been mailed. The website has been reviewed and calendars are being marked. Plans are slowly falling into place. That's right, the event that happens every summer is approaching, though not as quick as I would like.

What event, you ask? No, not the dreaded family vacation (I don't think I will be having one of those this year). No, no trip to Mexico. This July brings us - OTL!!!

For those of you that do not know what OTL is, read about it here. San Diego is preparing for us!

So I paid of Simo for the Circle of Champions tent. He gave me a pat on the back and told me he hoped I would live up to the standard - of reserving the table for them all day, I ask. No, the standard of drinking enough for all of our guys to make sure we got our money's worth. I think I can handle that. I mean, c'mon - the past two years I have drank them out of Bourbon and probably would have drank them out of Scotch if it lasted any longer.

Now all I have left to take care of is the airline ticket, and the hotel room. Then of course there is the issue about spending money for food and the bars. I know I will be at the Beachcombers a good portion of the time there. That is over at Mission Bay, for anyone interested. Joe, the owner, loves it when we come to town.

So anyone going to be in the area July 11-14 we can meet up for some brewskis at the Beachcomber. I'm all excited, and it is still 3 1/2 months away. ::sigh::

Anything else going on here? Welp, there is poker tonight. I might as well go and lose again. Thank goodness it costs nothing but the drinks. Hell that's more than I would probably lose as it is.... not!

Normally this would be EOM for me, but I am trying to only get maybe 1 more deal in this month, so no pressure. I have been able to complete most books I have bought, and include about 3-4 more I am reading online. Makes me tired come the end of the workday. If only I could easily get another job making a comfortable amount... we all say that, don't we? Oh well....

PeacE

No comments: