Tuesday, March 18

Whiskey River take my mind

How does everyone feel today after celebrating being Irish (or not) on St Patty's Day? Myself, I awoke fairly refreshed and ready for work - well, more so than usual anyways. I decided last minute (meaning on the way home from work) to go ahead and stop at the pub. At first I wasn't going to go out due to the number of amateur drinkers, plus the likely hood of increased police patrols and stops. But I figured if I was a good boy, it would be okay. So I had my steak, and a few drinks and didn't stay out late.

I was curious as to the number of DUI related encounters the police would report, but have not been able to find anything online as of today. Normally after a holiday that involves drinking they post it all over the place. The important thing is I am not one of those numbers, again.

Today is a Spring Fever day. It is barely noon, and I want to get the hell outta of the office. Beautiful clear blue sky and temps in the 70's with just a slight breeze. My kids are on spring break this week, and I am sure they are taking advantage of this weather - wait. These are my kids I am talking about. They are more likely spending time playing on the computer than anything else. Good thing Grandma makes them limit their time allowed on the computer each day.

I am in the process of finishing my last purchase of books. I had picked up 5 last Friday - or was it Thursday? Anyways, I got two Jonathan Kellerman novels "Dr. Death" and "Rage", plus 3 Robert Parker books. Parker is the author that created the "Spenser for Hire" series. Plus one of his books came in from the book club over the weekend as well. so out of six books, I am down to 2 now to finish. I got a couple boxes from work to start packing up all the books I have read to take down to the used book store, but I am lazy enough I haven't gotten around to doing it yet. Half of the books are in the car, the other half in the house. Plus I have to try and remember which ones I haven't lent out to a couple friends that I know will want to trade off some books as well.

Other than that, no rants, raves, or other bitching for you to enjoy today. I am just going to sit here and stare out my window, occasionally looking at the time so I can get more depressed because it isn't running fast enough. Only 5+ hours until I can get out of here and head to the pub for poker night. ::sigh:: Good note though, if she remembers, or reads it here, my friend Sailyn is to possibly appear at karaoke time. Even though I goofed and forgot to look up the song she wants to sing ... I forgot. Bad Ralphd00d! No biscuit!

Y'all have a good one - we'll see ya later! Drop a comment or something - I'm a whore for attention.

PeacE

No comments: