Tuesday, April 15

APRIL 15TH - ARE YOUR TAXES DONE?

My taxes are not completed as of yet. Yes, I realize it is the 15th of April, and that they need to be date stamped by today. But they are not yet completed and signed as of this exact moment.

Side note: Does anyone know what the penalty for not being date stamped the 15th? Has it happened to anyone – without filing an extension? Just curious….

Anyways, so the Wife is in charge of the taxes. Several years ago, she had decided that she would take over the finances of the family, and the taxes as well. Seems I don’t have the skill she prefers in balancing a checkbook, making payments on time, and knowing how to itemize to save us much more in credits. Yes, I admit it; I would just do it the easy way to get the stuff done.

Either way, she was up until about 1:30 this morning, trying to complete the forms. I know part of it she had done Sunday, as she asked me to D/L some forms for the 1099 I had last year. Now at 1:30am she comes in and asks me to D/L two additional forms.

“What for?” I asked. “Are they worth the time and effort at this point?” I admit I was tired, had just been woken up, and just wanted her to finish the damn things.

“One is for the school credit for all the money we have had to pay for the band class the daughter is in. If I don’t use the credit, then we have to pay taxes to State – enough that we don’t want to pay.” Somehow, she is calm and not hair-pulling exasperated as she is trying to explain this to me. “The other I need for the Federal to deal with a possible Alternative Minimum tax. That form will find out if we need to complete it or not.”

So first thing at work this morning I went and have those docs printed out, to take home to her tonight. I have no idea what time she will finish them, or where she will have to go to get them stamped for today. I assume down town Phoenix. I have to bypass going to poker tonight, as I will probably be the one that has to drive down there – otherwise she may bitch about having to load all the kids into the van. ::sigh:: Hell, I have to be there to sign the forms anyways.

I had to pass up my regular steak dinner last night to get her the first set of forms needed. My steak was replaced by some kind of soup. Soup instead of steak. ::sigh::
And now I will miss poker, and will probably end up watching some video I haven’t seen in awhile. Maybe I’ll watch “The Professional”.

I guess in the end it sort of works out pretty good. At least my liver is saying that. I haven’t had a drink since Sunday. The liver is getting a good clean out. I am drinking so much water; I have to pee at least once an hour – even after I got to bed. I must have gotten up at least 4 times last night. Okay, like you care about my regularity.

No pics for today. I think I need to see if I can spend some time looking for some good ones again. Have a good one, and we will catch ya back here next time!

PeacE

No comments: